25% Deposit of course fees payable upon enrolment. Fortnightly or monthly payment plan will be calculated. Monthly payments required to remain enrolled in this course.
Please refer to 2016 Indicative fees and charges for pricing of this course.
To gain entry into CHC43015 Trainers would like you to have some background whether being employment or Volunteer in Ageing, this is not a requirement just a request.
This qualification is comprised of 15 core units and 3 elective units and is undertaken via flexible learning from home. *some units will be taught in a class based environment.
Our knowledgeable and experienced trainers, are available for support throughout the week at the College to assist you in your studies. Please make sure you make appointment with reception.
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
- Carry out activities related to maintaining an individual’s well-being through personal care and/or other activities of living
- May provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people. Work may include training and support to promote independence and community participation, which may be provided as part of activities and programs in a variety of settings including residential and centre-based programs
- Report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers
- May be required to supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers.
Occupational titles may include
- Accommodation support worker
- Hostel supervisor
- Assistant hostel supervisor
- Personal care worker
- Care supervisor
- Program coordinator – social programs
- Care team leader
- Residential care worker
- Day activity worker
- Support worker
For more information please visit My Skills Website