Currently taking expressions of interest only for this course
25% deposit of course fees payable upon enrolment. A fortnightly payment plan will be calculated. Fortnightly payments are required to remain enrolled in this course.
Please refer to 2017 Indicative fees and charges for pricing of this course.
To gain entry into CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care it is preferred for students to be employed within the Industry.
Trainers prefer you to be 18 years old as you are required to be 18 to work within the Industry.
Students must be able to get a Working with Children’s Check and Police Check.
This qualification is comprised of 23 core units and 5 electives units and is undertaken in class.
Classes are monthly on a Saturday from 9.00am – 4.00pm.
In Class you get the support of your trainer, group discussions with fellow students, units worked through and the chance to make study groups. Looking to finish your course within 18 months.
Work placement is compulsory.
This course is for people who want to work as an early childhood educator in a centre-based service or family day care.
This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
• Apply knowledge and skills required to provide excellent care and education as an Early Childhood Educator for individual or groups of children, and the ability to plan activities for leisure and play so that they are able to achieve their developmental outcomes.
• You will know how to plan and develop a curriculum and will have the necessary skills for management and supervision of other staff in child care facilities such as crèches, long day care centres, occasional care centres, and early learning centres.
Occupational titles may include
• Group Leader in a Childcare Centre
• Child Development Worker
• Children’s Services Manager
• Centre Coordinator/Supervisor
• Centre Director/Manager
For more information please visit My Skills Website