25% Deposit of course fees payable upon enrolment. Fortnightly or monthly payment plan will be calculated. Monthly payments required to remain enrolled in this course.
Please refer to 2016 Indicative fees and charges for pricing of this course.
To gain entry into CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care student must either have completed the 11 common units between Certificate III and Diploma or are able to complete those 11 units in the Certificate III Early Childhood and Education Class or in their own time.
Trainers prefer you to be 18 years old as you are required to be 18 to work within this Industry,
Able to get a Working with Children’s check and Police Check.
This qualification is comprised of 12 core units + (11 pre requisites) and 5 electives units and is undertaken either in class or via ‘flexible learning’ from home.
Classes are monthly on a Saturday from 9.00am – 4.00pm.
In Class you get the support of your Trainer, group discussions with fellow students, units worked through and the chance to make study groups. Looking to finish your course within 18 months.
Working from home means you can go at your own pace and will enable your studies to fit in well with your other commitments. We do ask that Students make themselves available to catch up with Trainers Fortnightly to assess their progress.
Work placement is compulsory.
This course is for people who want to work as an early childhood educator in a centre-based service or family day care.
This level of educator so responsible for planning, implementing and managing programs in early childhood education and care services in accordance with legislative requirements and is often responsible for the supervision of others.
You will gain skills and knowledge in how to use a national learning framework, regulations and quality standards to support the education and care of children from birth to school age. You will be able to document, plan and evaluate children’s play and learning while ensuring children’s health and safety. You will be able to support the holistic development of children birth to school age and manage a children’s service to address regulations and quality assurance. Workers in this role may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
• Apply knowledge and skills required to provide excellent care and education as an Early Childhood Educator for individual or groups of children, and the ability to plan activities for leisure and play so that they are able to achieve their developmental outcomes.
• You will know how to plan and develop a curriculum and will have the necessary skills for management and supervision of other staff in child care facilities such as crèches, long day care centres, occasional care centres, and early learning centres.
Occupational titles may include
• Group Leader in a Childcare Centre
• Child Development Worker
• Children’s Services Manager
• Centre Coordinator/Supervisor
• Centre Director/Manager
For more information please visit My Skills Website