Certificates I (Intro), I, II, III General Education
Certificates in General Education for Adults (CGEA) are accredited certificates allowing young adults (15+) who have not completed a secondary education to improve their literacy, numeracy and general education.
The certificates provide a range of educational opportunities to assist adults meet personal needs, increase participation in the community, access further education, training and or employment.
The certificates CCAE will deliver
- Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory)
- Certificate I in General Education for Adults
- Certificate II in General Education for Adults
- Certificate III in General Education for Adults
It is ideal with adults who –
- Wish to improve their literacy, numeracy and general education skills
- Have not completed secondary school
- Come from language backgrounds other than English.
The CGEA is a curriculum framework allowing flexible and customised programs to meet the needs of diverse range of learners.
The CGEA is a competency based curriculum. In competency based training, students develop knowledge, skills and attitudes required to achieve a satisfactory competency standard.
Certificate III General Education for Adults is ideal for a range of students whose life experiences have limited their access to education, training and employment.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to study other courses at a higher level such as Accredited Business & Finance, IDMT, Early Childhood, Ageing Support and other courses at CCAE or to pursue VET or Tertiary studies.
Please refer to the CGEA brochure for further information
Below is information for our students
Create your USI account